Friday, March 13, 2009

Dirt Poem For A Lost Patriot!

On a certain bright, sunny day,
A self proclaimed patriot, wearing flakes of pittance
Mocks the dirty road, spits in the manholes
And jeers the stakes of skeletons in the pavement!

Later in the day,
A pacifist, swelled with hunger, cleans the dirt
And signs a treatise for the day, singing
Rhymes out of hunger.

In between, few glossed ads, and
Promises galore, all in the name of martyrdom;
In between, cacophony of anthems, and
Blunt bayonets, for many a mimed soldiers!

Then, suddenly the clash of ideologues
Stages erect and flags flutter,
There they met
Me in the crowd and duel,
I was the sole witness.
A weary duel,
I thought thus and left for home;
I wanted to spit again but my face wriggled, and
All of them follow my path, in hordes,
Like my shadow, poor stony shadows of skeletons!

A petrified soul, burdened with the treaty
Seek ways to becalm the unrest, in the dirt
But the nadir and the glow-signs, they
Drew me far, leaving flags in the wilderness, and
Anthems in hollow drums.

No comments: