Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Manipur, Do I Need To Cry For You?

Manipur, you are a long lost dream
That is how I lament, that is how I mourn
But should I never cry!

My village, it overran a river
With few dotted bluffs on faith
And I grew up there, like pebbles
In the river stream, nothing disturbed
Except few ripples in the navel.

Today, that navel is growing deeper
Sometimes, it looks like a gorge in certain discreet highway
With many a unnamed veins for blood thirsty mongrels;
Sometimes, it looks like a pond of serenity
Revered by not many, but filled with tranquility;
Sometimes, it looks like a bowel of uncooked intestines
Ready to be feed upon and absorbed in the veins.

Manipur,
Tonight, far away from your valley
I ponder for a reason not to cry for you
There came the answer with few trickling of teardrops
And, that same ripple bowel
With infested malice,
It gathers what my teardrops could offer
And, it smirks!

Do I need to cry for you?

***(July 05, 2009)***

No comments: