Sunday, December 14, 2008

A Dead Man's Poem!

I have a dead body
And it lives with me
The face reads contemplation
The body wears introspection
But it has no name?

Help me identify this body:
I am not a curator of dead bodies, nor
The merchant of dead.
Help me identify this body,
Or at least, help me give it a name:
I think, I am a social being
I should know who is he, and
I want to see how he would have ignored the name!

Tell me,
Will you be comfortable living with an unknown person?
Anyway, let me tell you what I think:
This is a simple understanding
I have had friends
They all have names
And their bodies, it all represents
Who I known them to be?
Some even died of generosity
And some even ostracize their names,
May be out of humility
But I still remember them all,
With a stroke of a word.

But this body,
Lying idle next to me;
Now, I am weary of it’s presence,
Sometimes, it stinks like my body
Sometimes, it reminds me of my lost body.

Oh, I forgot to introduce myself
I have no name
And my body was lost too.

No comments: