Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pity On My Expectation!

My understanding never exceeds my expectation,
This is how I built my world around.
A rising Sun, it never disguises my sight
Neither the dying Moon,
They all charm me, and
I live my life, thoroughly understood!

But my understanding, it precedes my existence
I know the honest contemplation:
It survives amidst the ruins of livelihood
Again my understanding, it surrenders to the existence.

My expectations are limited;
‘A simple breathe in the fresh air,
Few threads of fibre, and
A warm wet kiss’,
And my understanding forbids me all the qualms!

So, how do I go about living, in my existence?

Every night, I burn myself, bit by bit
Not to arouse any further temptation that
They heartily called life.
I wanted to burn myself,
Not because I can’t sleep
Nor because I am afraid of the awaiting Morning
But only because,
There isn’t enough love to satiate my hunger
And there isn’t not enough prejudice in my favour
To love me, like I love myself.

In fact, I am hungry and this is my understanding
And I am afraid if it will exceed my expectation.

No comments: