Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Gray Poem!

My body, it reminds me of my lies
Within muffled voices in some raunchy streets
For every grotesque face in its crooked by lanes
I save my body like a heap of fool’s gold
Within aggrieving charms of glitters
Yet the voices within, though muffled
Yell at my steps, for every single step
They have million reasons to chastise me.

Then, my dear friend
How do I live thinking it’s all fair
For a body, a soul and person
Having to survive a torrent of abuses
Like love, kindness and help
Within the realm of unknown walls.

My dear friend,
My body, if you look closely
It wears a pie of colours, streaked with
Random strokes of nature
In jealousy, hunger and lies
And it looks a portrait of self effacing wave
In tatters, spread across the face of existence
Splattered with ignorance and disbelief
And this was when, I touched you.

Then, there lies ahead
The street I couldn’t fathom,
In your image, like a creek with few trickling of hope
In some dim lit alleys down your way
And my lies consummate in final ecstasy
For every hope that I professed humble, and
For every step that carries me through your street
Yet, my body wasn’t there
And I worried:
Was it a lie, for the body to survive all these while
In your shadow, following that ugly shadow of yours
And how I dare myself
Reminding, I am myself a lie!

So my dear friend
I don’t have a body, nor a soul
In fact, I am a no person
So, no pain in my existence
No repentance, and
No identity to haunt you!

***(November 21, 2009)***

No comments: