Friday, March 12, 2010

Poetic Dreams (for Poems)!

Unable to meet their demands during the daytime
Poems, they come haunting in my dreams
Disguising sometimes as my beloved
Sometimes as sworn enemies
And sometimes, bringing caskets full of flowers
Found only in Manipur, like girls going to temple

I know my beloved she doesn’t languor in the night
Yes, except when my bouts demand her comfort
Neither has she got any liking for flowers and temples;
Perfect and in her brutal best, lassoing
My unstable heart; she knows the innocent flowers
And blind Gods in the temple, they can’t see a fiend in me

I also know my enemies, numerous though;
They have their own businesses, devising and
Laying traps for me to fall in, but
They never dare trespass my dreams,
May be they are afraid of my pillow-knife
That I ordered from Japan.

And the flowers, those lovely flowers
I only pretend I forgot the bloom
That brings me wet fragrance after each rainfall
And the droplets of water falling unwillingly
From the leaves, in the whips of winds
Like inconsolable tears of parting lovers
After each meeting

But the poems, I find them rather amusing
Staying awake, up in the late night
When the whole world is asleep,
Seeking an easy prey in me, while during daylight
They play hide and seek, with their furry words
And in the night, they seek their poetic dreams
Wearing masks borrowed from everywhere