Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's an obsession!

I have always wondered how someone could laugh at Life! Life is treacherous. It has no definitive course. It hardly communicates any intelligible dialogue. And there, strange people with strange humor return the same favor to it.
I forgot the actual line. Somebody did say something like this: ‘Nothing is funnier than unhappiness … It’s the most comical thing in the world’. And undeniably presumed that we can rely on death. Actually, I was reading an obituary. Art Buchwald died on Wednesday, last week.
Now, I cannot think obituaries will come as a joyful acceptance of life, but the believe!
Death should be like life and it should be treated like life.
One of my friends is worried that I always talk about death and sorrow. I don’t blame. I am only worried about his worrisome trait. I am not, in fact, worried about anything. But death and sorrow, they are my obsessions!
We live and talk about so many things. But the very mention of death scares away most of us. I am afraid too. But why we hide from the inevitable. It will happen, that’s for sure. It always comes in handy if we do the groundwork well in advance …
Who says … we know what happens when we die!

No comments: