Saturday, September 20, 2008

Anniversary!

I don’t want to recollect some events. I don’t even want to think about those events. But life, as it is, is all about remembering the past and moving ahead. A person may call it learning from the mistakes (if mistakes were the reason for the past) and someone can call it the foundation for the life ahead. Whatever it may be, the past is another part of life. We cannot just ignore it. I am not preaching. I am just saying. Yea, I can’t practice what I preach.

Another something got the better of me. And here, I am with some flashes of memories though in words.

I know I can’t relate it as vividly as I would have like to as I am too preoccupied with what has happened rather the event. A third person could have narrated it better. But, I think, I am the only one left with this memory. The event was long forgotten. No remnants. No nothing.

No. I can’t.

Today is the anniversary, I think 12th anniversary of a relationship that turn my world upside down. Should I celebrate it? Today is Sunday. I am free. I need her approval. No. I am not too sure if she wanted to celebrate it the way we used to. But, I know she must be feeling lonely. She might also be remembering the first time we bowed to become one.

My left wrist still proudly flaunts the scratches your nails plowed. Life moves ahead but some scratches never heal.

A toss to the ANNIVERSARY!

Oh! Holly shit! Doctor forbids me alcohol. Says, “You have had enough of it”. A toast gone waste. Whatever, a toast is a toast, with or without it. A toast! Now, I will certainly become the toss ka boss. Will it be enough for an anniversary. Anyway, a toast, whatever it may be.

No comments: