Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Birthday!

This post was to be posted on 5th September.


Blossoms! Life is a flower.

Every year, this day arrives with so much fanfare, I can only deny the occasion. Somebody called up unexpectedly. It can be counted as a gift. I took it as a gift. Gifts galore, but none like it.

I have a small world. Every part of it can claim the whole as their own, irrespective who the real owner is! This has enabled all of us to celebrate life with many occasions thrown in. What else? I was happy like all of them.

Somebody wanted to celebrate my birthday, the way she wanted to celebrate. I deny, like any other occasion. For I hate crowd. It is not that she will gather a whole populace, but I fear what if it happens so. You never know. My small world can turn into a pool humanity, known and unknown, guest and intruders… I think everybody wants to wish a birthday or two in the pretext of fun and off course, as a well-wiser. I won’t be able to accept their hugs and kisses.

My birthday happens to fall on Teacher’s Day.

[ Oh! The funny part on having a birthday is; I have three Date of Births, the first one is obviously the day I was born, second, the date my class teacher filled up in my Matriculation Form as my actual date of birth, and the third one, my date of birth recorded in Electoral Voter List. All of these dates are different.

Let me tell you, it’s little worrisome for me to decide which one should be given the priority! I know, I was born on a certain date on certain time. That’s my birthday. But I live my life as this-much-aged person reflected in my Academic Certificate, which in fact becomes my actual birthday, and this date ever so slowly swallow every sphere of my life. I am only 20+ years old, in cognito and accepted.]


Yea, she called me up and wished me “Happy Birthday”. I was happy. It is such a happy feeling, a very happy feeling. One call, one wish: I wonder how could I cherish it whole life long!

Next September, I know, it will be different.

No comments: