Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sick Leave!

This season is unusually bad. It may be just another premature symptom of climate change that we have been talking about, ever since our kindergarten days. Each one of us had to speak on a topic of our choice on climate change and points were given for each resolution the class agreed to work on. Yea, those were the brains of tomorrow. Now, the tomorrow has arrived. I was on sick leave and got a chance to ponder upon those days. How worried those kids were? They were afraid; what if their playgrounds were inundated, what if the earth is dried and turned into a vast desert! They would huddle in the corner and murmured, how long would they live.

Other noticeable symptoms are: Global Warming (AC or no AC), No more sinking of Titanic’s (melting Iceberg or raising sea level), unusual news of snow falling in Dubai and Sahara Desert (No theory, with or without graphic simulations), bomb blasts (with or without timers , our earth is so warmed now, bombs explode even if it was not planted), bigger pimples and their bĂȘte noir cosmetics (beautiful or ugly) and bigger families and flood and drought and market turbulence and everything, including my headache.

These few weeks, I have experienced bad to worse. I am weak and tired. Walk few steps and I feel as if I have been walking ever since. No appetite for a foodie. Worrisome! Some precaution and some medicines, that’s not enough.
Look at my reasoning. I blame it all to the climate change. As a human being, I eat, I breathe and do whatever a living being ought to do, just to stay and fit. Yes. No smoke, no drinks as of now, I think for the last four months. What a long period! But, I am still weak. No one to blame, I blame it all to the season.

Poor me! I am exhausted to my seven sick leaves that I wanted to utilize later in the year end with flimsy coughs and pain. Zero sick leaves in my balance and I will have to think before I felt sick. This season is really terrible.

2 comments:

Arunima said...

i always have my share of cold and fever when it is around but this time, I have been spared.

Jayanta Oinam said...

gud for u. wanted to know how u come up with those funny hard hitting lines. save me, m following ur blog. just love it.